February 27, 2013

March 5: Elections in 28 Oklahoma Counties for City Councils and School Boards

Oklahomans in 28 counties will head to the polls on March 5, to elect new city councilpersons and school board members.
Do you know who is running for office? 

Have you researched the candidates and found out where they stand on the issues of arts education, public art and public funding for the arts? 
Below is a list of the counties with elections on March 5. (The letter I and numbers indicate the school districts.)

There is more information available on the Oklahoma State Election Board's website. Arts advocates vote!



BRYAN COUNTY

Bennington Public Schools  I-40

Durant Public Schools  I-72

CADDO COUNTY

Verden Public Schools  I-99

CHEROKEE COUNTY

Briggs Public Schools  C-44

Locust Grove Public Schools  I-17

Fort Gibson Public Schools  I-3

CLEVELAND COUNTY

City of Moore

Rose State College

CREEK COUNTY

City of Bristow

DELAWARE COUNTY

Grove Public Schools  I-2

GARFIELD COUNTY

City of Enid

Kremlin-Hillsdale Schools  I-18

GARVIN COUNTY

City of Lindsay

GRADY COUNTY

City of Chickasha

Verden Public Schools  I-99

GRANT COUNTY

Kremlin-Hillsdale Schools  I-18

KAY COUNTY

City of Blackwell

City of Newkirk

LATIMER COUNTY

Countywide

Buffalo Valley Public Schools  I-3

LINCOLN COUNTY

Cushing Public Schools  I-67

McINTOSH COUNTY

Midway Public Schools  I-27

MAYES COUNTY

Locust Grove Public Schools  I-17

MUSKOGEE COUNTY

Fort Gibson Public Schools  I-3

Midway Public Schools  I-27

Hilldale Public Schools  I-29

OKLAHOMA COUNTY

City of Nicoma Park

City of Oklahoma City

Rose State College

OKMULGEE COUNTY

Midway Public Schools  I-27

Liberty Public Schools  I-14

OSAGE COUNTY

County Commissioner District 3

Sand Springs Public Schools  I-2

Dewey Public Schools  I-7

PAYNE COUNTY

Cushing Public Schools  I-67

PITTSBURG COUNTY

Haileyville Public Schools  I-11

Savanna Public Schools  I-30

PONTOTOC COUNTY

City of Ada

ROGERS COUNTY

Oologah-Talala Public Schools  I-4

City of Owasso

SEQUOYAH COUNTY

Sallisaw Public Schools  I-1

TULSA COUNTY

City of Owasso

Liberty Public Schools  I-14

Sand Springs Public Schools  I-2

WAGONER COUNTY

Locust Grove Public Schools  I-17

Fort Gibson Public Schools  I-3

WASHINGTON COUNTY

Dewey Public Schools  I-7

URBAN CENTERS
Two big elections in the state's largest urban centers are also taking place. Oklahoma City residents will head to the polls on March 5, also, to elect council representation for Wards 1 and 7. Ward 3 Councilman Larry McAtee and Ward 4 Councilman Pete White drew no opponents. A general election will be held on April 2 if no candidate in Wards 1 or 7 receive a majority of the vote.

The following candidates have filed with the Oklahoma County Election Board and the City Clerk’s Office:

Ward 1 
James Greiner
Gary Marrs (incumbent)
Carolyn Sims

Ward 7
John Bilbury III
Lillie Buckner
Randon Gibson
Ronald “Skip” Kelly (incumbent)
John Pettis, Jr.
Ben Robinson
Star Young


Log on to www.okc.gov to see the ward boundary map.

Tulsa Will Elect A Mayor
Tulsa's upcoming election for city councilor and mayor is June 11. Read about the candidates for Tulsa Mayor in the Tulsa World.

For more information on the Tulsa election, visit the City of Tulsa website.